In this tutorial you will learn how to set up everything properly, to start retopologizing your sculptings in Blender.
Here is how to set it up:
- You need a 3d object as foundation, e.g. a dynamic topology sculpting (Blender Sculpting tutorial here)
- Add -> Mesh -> Plane
- Header 3D View:
- Enable “Snap during transform”
- Set the “Snap Element” to “Face”
- Enable “Project individual elements on the surfacte of other objects”
- Properties Editor -> Modifier -> Add Modifier:
- Mirror Modifier: Enable “Clipping”
- Subdivision Surface Modifier: Set “View” to 2
- Shrinkwrap Modifier: Set “Target” to the sculpting mesh, “Offset” to 0,002, enable “Keep Above Surface” enable the triangle symbol in the headerof this modifier
- Properties Editor -> Material -> Add New:
- Change the “Viewport Color” under “Settings”
- Happy retopologizing!
You like this tutorial?
Then support my work on Gumroad!